Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sick and Serve?

It is hard to put others first. It just is. Especially when you don't feel good. Especially when all you can do is hope for someone to take care of you...so when you are a mom of four little people who count on you, it is tough to get the flu...and still put others first.

"Mom, please can I have some more Gatorade?"
But I just sat down and the refrigerator is WAY over there...

"Momma can I just snuggle you... all I want to do is snuggle my momma!!! (wallow, wallow, wallow all over my lap)
Watch it, one inch closer to my stomach and you'll be flying off my lap as I dash to the bathroom!

"Honey, can you please help me move the Bowflex before you head to bed so the dry wallers don't drop more goop on it tomorrow when they mud in the basement."
Five minutes later and I would have been moving heavy objects under the influence of Nyquil!

Never mind the fact that my husband with a sore throat himself, a pulled neck muscle, and a full weekend of leading music....willingly, lovingly has made trips to the store for Tylenol, Gatorade, and ice cream. Last night, still not feeling great himself, he spent hours putting together a large piece of exercise equipment for me, designing this blog with love and LOTS of patience, and taking out the garbage in the freezing cold. And as I sit here warm here at home, he is driving my son to kindergarten so I don't have to.

I am blessed because someone has chosen to serve Him, by serving me.

And so it goes, no matter who we are, what our position is, how young, how old, how predispostioned we are...we are called to serve one another, to bless one another in His name...no matter what...even when we are sick.

When we dig deep...when we reach high...the heart of a servant shines through...the heart of a princess can be seen...even when she'd really rather stay in bed!


No comments: